Friday, July 27, 2012

Study abroad in Detroit Metro Airport and New York City

They warned us over and over again to be ready for anything on study abroad, but I was pretty certain I would be on my way to London right now... Instead I am sitting in a hotel room in New York City!

Madee, Arshia, and I were supposed to fly from Detroit to Chicago, catch an overnight flight to London, and then an overnight flight to Delhi on Saturday. Our flight to Chicago was cancelled because of the weather and then the next one was full. For a while there we thought we were going to have study abroad in the Detroit Metro Airport... Madee spent 2 hours on the phone with a representative from the airline because people were nearly rioting at the desks in the airport and we finally got a new planned worked out. So now we are happily holed up in a little hotel room in New York and will be leaving for London tomorrow evening.

I am fairly certain K did this on purpose to train us for the real world or something. It's one of those aspects of the K plan they keep a secret. 

So while I wish we were still on schedule and had more of a solid plan, I think this is good practice for the next 5 months. We are learning to take things are they come and look on the bright side. For example, we get to sleep in comfy beds tonight and I wasn't expecting to sleep in a bed again until Sunday! 

We're hoping that the rest of the journey goes a bit more smoothly but honestly, as long as we get there eventually I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, am so looking forward to experiencing India through your eyes! keep blogging! love, jane

    ReplyDelete